I'm a young poet. These are just some of my opinions and ideas that influence how I see the world. Please enjoy!

11/06/2013

Super Power or Curse?

Every walk by someone and wish you knew what they were thinking. Their thoughts on the weather, the year, the shoes they are wearing, their parents, politics, and maybe even you. I like to fantasize what people think sometimes but more often than not, I think about what they think of me.

Protection?
Like most people I'm sure, I over-think things. When I explore what someone might think of me, I look at everything they have ever said to me, everything they have ever done around me and of course every look they have given me. You have probably realized by now that that is a very bad thing to do.

But, what if you didn't have to imagine or guess what people thought?
What if you could read their minds?
What if they could read your mind?

 I have always imagined what people might think of me but I do not think that I could ever face what people actually think of me. I am a very loud and sometimes abrasive person. Although I know that it is true, I would not be able to handle seeing(or hearing) that people saw me the way that I see myself.

If you could read minds, there would be no secrets. You would never have to worry about someone lying to you but you would be faced with the truth 24/7 and a lot of people can not handle that.

Let's think about surprises. If you could read someones mind, and they could never lie to you or hid anything from you, there would never be any surprises. You would know what all your gifts were, you would know everything. Would you want that?

Reading minds could be a curse and a blessing. What if you could turn it on and off? You could pick when to listen and when to not! Would you?

6 comments:

  1. I think this would be terrible! I do however like the idea of being able to turn it on and off, but I know a lot of people wouldn't! Sometimes I don't want people to know what I'm thinking or vise versa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be pretty insane, do you think this would cause more harm than good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely more harm. There are reasons why people keep things to them selves and we should not mess with that. My idea is that if I need to know then I will be told.

      Delete
  3. Think there's such a thing as too much knowledge? Like can we simply know too much?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that there is no such thing as too much knowledge but I do strongly believe that there are things that we are meant no to know.

      Delete
    2. Well like what?

      Delete