I'm a young poet. These are just some of my opinions and ideas that influence how I see the world. Please enjoy!

10/02/2013

Misunderstandings

What if everything that we over thought, had just a simple answer? As humans, we are skilled in the department of over-thinking(myself being the worst). This is one of my favorite songs, as it explores the idea that maybe, just maybe, we don't know what we are talking about.
Life throws us punches left and right. I think that it is time that we stop and think about what where the punches are coming from and where they send us.
The truth is, I often think too much into everything that happens in my life. And every time I listen to this song, I remember to take a set back. To remember life isn't always a riddle.
I do not expect a lot of people to like this song but I do hope you listen to it.
Are there any songs that make you take a second look at life? What about movies? Or perhaps a poem?
Even if you don't have something that makes you think, I encourage you to find something. As crazy as it may sound, it can help a lot.
It can help you find who you are, what you want to do, and what you stand for.

6 comments:

  1. I wasn't sure about what Gravity would be like but I will most definitely try to watch it. I cannot say that I have ever really been a fan of instrumental music but I like your song. It brings so many different emotions to mind. I will have to remember this song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. since you're talking about over-thinking, shouldn't that be the title instead of 'Misunderstandings' ? I just see them as two different things so I got a bit confused at first

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Karissa, over thinking something is thinking or knowing too much about it, while misunderstanding is knowing nothing at all! What are some of the things you over think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I over think everything from what I am going to wear to why the sky is blue. To me, thinking is a hobby that I cannot get enough of.

      Delete
  4. Hmm I do have a lot of things that do make me think deeply and reflect, I really love poems. Poetry when written beautifully can make a person really reflect and think. Poems with a deep meaning. Do you like poetry and if so what do you like to read?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I happen to love poetry! I used to write a lot of it as well as read it. I really love the poems that involve and require a lot of contemplation. I also enjoy poems that are both simple and complex. One of my all time favorite poems is Stair By Adam Chiles.

      Delete