I'm a young poet. These are just some of my opinions and ideas that influence how I see the world. Please enjoy!

10/11/2013

The Dream World

So, our wonderful world is reality, right? What if it wasn't the only reality that we had access to? You know what I am talking about. All those strange and realistic dreams that haunt or occupy our sleeping minds. Have you ever stopped to think about whether or not there is a possibility that what we dream is real? I know I have. 

Sadly, I am not one of the lucky people who have dreams all the time. For me, dreams haunt my sleep once in a blue moon. 

So, try to think about your most recent dream or nightmare or what ever you wish to call it. How realistic is it? From whose perspective is it? Did you recognize anyone or anything? Personally I ask myself these questions every single time I have a dream. 

My last dream was crazy. But, it helped spur the questions as to how real dreams are. In my dream world I woke up, and looked out the window (the window was exactly where it was in real life). It felt as though I had sat there staring at the empty street for some time. When suddenly, there was an unbearable pain in my hand, so, like any person would do, I looked at my hand. My hand was covered in small black bugs to the point where I could not see my flesh beneath them. I remember screaming and waking up my friend (with whom I was staying). I cried until I fell asleep. And then to my surprise, I woke up and none of that had happened. 

So, what do you think? I know it was a dream but what if it was my mind taking me to a different reality? I can not say I will ever know for sure what dreams mean or what they really are. Although, I can always say that I will question their existence.

7 comments:

  1. Woahhhhh your blog makes me think so much! Haha I hope my dreams aren't real because some of them are scary and I would NOT want them to be real! :O Have you ever had a dream where you woke up and you didn't know if it was real or just a dream?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have dreams almost every night and usually I can remember my dreams. I hear that consuming sugar before bed can actually help stimulate the brain so you have more vivid dreams and you are more likely to remember your dreams. I also talk in my sleep apparently...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mumble when I am sleeping but I can also wake up half-way and have a full out conversation and not remember it the next morning. I love the mystery of sleep.

      Delete
  3. i don't remeber the last time i've had a dream. When i was little, I always had nightmares more often than dreams. I remeber the scary ones where i'd try to call 911 and i always messed up the last digit and had to dial all over again before the bad person got me. And where i'd yell for help in my dream but no sound would come out of my mouth. I often wonder what makes our brains choose to dream vivid dreams opposed to ones we can't remember or choose to have nightmares when we sleep. what triggers these?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly I have no idea what makes our dreams happen but I have heard that it has to do with your depth of sleep and even your subconsciousness. Who know though.

      Delete
  4. I'm really enjoying reading your posts. I dream almost every night. I've dreamed about many of my friends future weddings. And I always seem to remember the details done to the flower bouquet. I've had quite a few dreams that i don't want to remember as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's a subconscious way that our mind tries to tell us something. A message, a feeling, a thought. Always a puzzle, but that's the fun of figuring it out

    ReplyDelete