I'm a young poet. These are just some of my opinions and ideas that influence how I see the world. Please enjoy!

2/08/2012

Literary Devices

I noticed irony in "Out of Control" by John Reuben
     ... Irony, I had to suffocate before I could breathe...

Winston Churchill loved paraprosdokains. Here is the definition: a figure of speech in which the latter part of a sentence is surprising or unexpected; frequently used in a humorous situation.
      To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.

There is a simile Hungry Like the Wolf by Duran Duran
     ...and I'm hungry like the wolf...

Metaphor in Naturally by Selena Gomez and The Scene
     ....you are the thunder and I am the lightning

Personification in Just the Way You Are by Bruno Mars
    ....the whole world stops and stares for a while.....

Repetition in Romeo and Juliet
      "Romeo, Romeo, Where art thou Romeo" 

Oxymoron in Romeo and Juliet
    "Beautiful tyrant! fiend angelical!"

Punny Book titles
      Now I'm in Business!: M. B. Yay
      Get Up, Lazybones: Y. R. Yewsleeping

Alliteration in the book "Wake"
      "Locals walking, tourists gawking, vendors hawking."

Personification can be found in a P.C. Financial ad
      Hungry for a better way to bank?

No comments:

Post a Comment