I'm a young poet. These are just some of my opinions and ideas that influence how I see the world. Please enjoy!

2/13/2012

re:Parenting

In my previous post I talked about a father who shot his daughters laptop. At the time I was not able to access the YouTube video. I just finished watching the video. My views on what he did remain the same, but I do understand why he was so angry now. What I don't understand is why she complained about making her OWN bed, doing her OWN laundry, putting the dishes in the DISHWASHER and sweeping the floor! That is nothing compared what many people have to do daily, like doing their OWN laundry, sweeping the WHOLE house, doing the dishes BY HAND, cooking for the WHOLE family, taking care of kids, and WORKING a FULL-TIME job. This generation of kids are spoiled. We don't know what hard work is, or what work really is compared to what our parents had to go through.

1 comment:

  1. Good points here, many kids don't realize how easy they actually have it, not just compared to other people in North America, but also in third world countries. These chores really weren't much to ask for. I do understand why the father was mad, but I do agree that there could have been a better way to go about this punishment.

    ReplyDelete