I'm a young poet. These are just some of my opinions and ideas that influence how I see the world. Please enjoy!

2/17/2012

My next read


At school we are doing a book club with other schools. Instead of reading the same book as the whole class, we get to pick a book from a list. This list includes books recommended by other schools. When I went through the list of books, I looked at the review and there were a couple that immediately get crossed off. There was a book about Mt. Everest and one about vampires and witches. In the past I have read books with similar topics and they did not grab my attention. There are others that I have either already read, or seen a movie based on the book. The two books that I have chosen as my top two are Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher and Wake by Robert Sawyer. These two books are very different but I believe that I would enjoy them both. Of the two Wake by Robert Sawyer interests me more. I like the idea of reading a book from the point of view of a blind person. Not many books that I have read, deal with being blind. Wake is also part of a series and I enjoy reading series. When I pick a book it is usually part of a series or is a new concept. Hopefully I will get to read the book and I hope that I will enjoy it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment